My thoughts on writing tips found online and in published works (with some random thoughts thrown into the mix).

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

To a degree...

Image

To a degree, I agree with this! If you are a professional and you are sending me an email, a letter, or other correspondence, then I believe you should have the ability to proofread your own work. If it comes in garbled and jumbled, then why should I think that you are competent in other areas? Why should I trust your expertise?
Obviously, there are many people out there who are intelligent and spectacular at their jobs but still don't have a great grasp on writing. However, it just doesn't make a good impression if you can't follow the rules of English. If you struggle in this area, you can always reach out to someone else for help. Taking the time to correct your mistakes makes your correspondence seem more coherent and professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment