My thoughts on writing tips found online and in published works (with some random thoughts thrown into the mix).

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Theme?

I will admit it: I am addicted to blog subscriptions! I love receiving new posts in my email inbox and getting to read all my favorite bloggers' thoughts in one place. And it's so convenient! It also helps me with my own blog, because I can tag posts that I find inspiring or though-provoking and I can help promote other writers that I feel deserve some extra attention. It also clues me in to some trends that might help develop my own blog too.

For example, I have noticed that some blogs have themes beyond a general one (such as writing, editing, or a specific genre). They will have "Wacky Wednesdays" or "Week-In-Headlines Fridays". I sometimes consider doing this myself, but I can never figure out what I want to do. I don't want to copy someone else. I also can't post every day, my full-time job and my editing job keep me busy enough! But I think it would be interesting to change it up every once in awhile and do something like that.

Does anyone have any ideas to help me out?

No comments:

Post a Comment