My thoughts on writing tips found online and in published works (with some random thoughts thrown into the mix).

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Upcoming Absence

My newish laptop (it's less than 2 years old) has been acting up lately. Actually, it's been acting up for over a month now. When I'm on the Internet for any length of time, it likes to shut down, including the infamous blue screen. Luckily, I bought the extended warranty when I bought the computer, so I am still covered.

When I called the manufacturer about fixing it, they said I had two options. One, I could ship it to their service center, which costs $50 just to mail it. Or, two, I could take it to the nearest authorized repair center, which is about an hour or so away from me. Since I am going that direction anyway today for another errand, I am taking it to the repair center.

The only issue is that I won't be able to get back down that way during the shop's open hours until the Wednesday after Thanksgiving. I already have my tweets scheduled, but I won't be able to make any blog posts (unless I can somehow jump on someone else's computer between now and then!). I also probably won't be able to respond to any emails, direct messages on Twitter, or Facebook notifications.

In short, I won't be online for about two weeks. Don't give up, though, I will be back!

Since I won't be around to say it then, I wish you all a very wonderful Thanksgiving! See you soon.

-Rebecca and her Red Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment