My thoughts on writing tips found online and in published works (with some random thoughts thrown into the mix).

Sunday, November 25, 2012

In Less Than 72 Hours...

...I will have my laptop back! My poor electronic device is still broken. They determined it is a software issue, and my warranty only covers hardware and memory issues, which a blue screen is usually an indicator of. Just my luck! Once I get my laptop back, I'll have to make a systen recovery disk and go from there. I really don't care if I have to go as far as wiping it clean, all my important stuff is on my flash drive and external hard drice anyway.

On a good note, they replaced my increasingly-sticking keyboard. That was covered by the warranty.

On another good note, I have come to appreciate my tablet a lot more. It is a pain to type on, and I certainly can't do my editing work on it (no Word=no TrackChanges), but it is very convenient for reading and checking my emails on. I have never really gotten into using it for eBooks, but I might now.

Or maybe once I get my new phone for Christmas that doesn't shut off when I try to use apps or hold a call for more than 5 minutes (thank goodness for upgrade discounts) that might change again. Who knows?

All I know right now is that it will be nice to have a physical keyboard again. This post has taken me three times longer to write than if I was on a computer. Yikes! Just goes to prove how much I miss blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment