My thoughts on writing tips found online and in published works (with some random thoughts thrown into the mix).

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Time for a Change

I created this blog back in January, when I was still a newcomer to the blogging world. I had no idea what to call it, so I chose the first thing that came to mind, Drop in the Ocean. Newly graduated from college, it described how I felt: like one tiny drop in this much larger world. I felt lost.

Now, 10 months later, I am much more confident in my editing abilities and feel like I have earned my (albeit preliminary) stripes. I know what I want to do with this blog, I know what direction I want my career to go in, and I feel like I know a lot more about my profession. I have been editing with Grit City Fiction for as long as I have had this blog, and I have been blessed to work with many talented authors, illustrators, and the publisher himself. They have been very patient and have helped guide me along the way, so I have developed my abilities and have a great deal more in-the-field knowledge about editing than I did before.

Since I have developed so much as a professional, I feel it is about time my blog developed as well. I have updated the design and color scheme. It is easier to read and navigate and looks more professional. I have also changed the name to "Rebecca's Red Pen." I feel this pen more accurately reflects my outlook now, as I am growing into an editor that can stand on her own merit.

Overall, I am glad to be able to grow this blog alongside my own personal and professional growth. I hope that we both can continue this journey as I learn even more about editing and publishing in the coming years. Here's to change and improvement!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca. I like the new look. And, I might need your services at some point.

    ReplyDelete