- Form the possessive singular of nouns by adding 's.
- In a series of three or more terms with a single conjunction, use a comma after each term except the last.
- Enclose parenthetic expressions between commas.
- Place a comma before a conjunction introducing an independent clause.
- Use a colon after an independent clause to introduce a list of particulars, an appositive, an amplification, or an illustrative quotation.
- A participial phrase at the beginning of a sentence must refer to the grammatical subject.
If you would like me to expand on any of these statements, please let me know in the comments and I will gladly do so.