No matter which type of list you are employing, there are five important rules to follow, according to Daily Writing Tips (http://www.dailywritingtips.com/5-rules-for-run-in-lists/):
- Know when to use commas and when to use semicolons.
- Know how many ands should be included at the end.
- Know when to place punctuation before the list.
- Know how to logically group and order your listed items.
- Know when to use numbers and letters to identify each individual item.
By having your list logically ordered and easy to read, it will enable you to get your message across to your audience with ease.