My thoughts on writing tips found online and in published works (with some random thoughts thrown into the mix).

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Overload!

The other day, I was reading a post over at the Grammar-ease blog (http://nhwn.wordpress.com/2012/05/07/grammar-ease-when-the-words-outpace-the-fingers/?blogsub=confirming#subscribe-blog). This post was about how, when a great idea hits, your fingers can't keep up with your mind. Whether you are trying to keep up on a keyboard or with a pen and paper, it can be hard to catch every little thing as the thoughts go speeding by.

The blogger wrote about how she tries to keep up by blurring words together and picking the first version of a word that comes to mind (there instead of their, for example). When I try to do the same thing, I end up leaving out entire words so I can keep the main idea intact. How do you deal with brain overload?

1 comment:

  1. I tend to leave out words and then when I read what I've written, my mind supplies the missing words. Hate that...LOL!

    ReplyDelete